The weather wasn’t promising when we set up, but later it was hot and sunny, which drew the crowds. We counted about 100 people there, mostly families.
- We had our 10 foot tall inflatable elephant (and thanks so much to Airtechs, who loaned it to us.)
- Tim Holt-Wilson, a local historian and scientist formally opened our new Information Board
- We had buskers, the Sunnyside Up Boys, who said this was the first stop in their world tour!
- Local artist Peter Kent did a special elephant drawing for us that children could colour in.
- We had elephant themed story-telling.
- We had lots of stalls: tombola, face painting, find the elephant, and more.
- We had a vintage London double decker bus.
What a lovely event!